We are recruiting!
Effini is a data science organisation with a big goal: to help any organisation take control of their data and gain real value and insight from it.
We are a team of enthusiastic and talented people committed to making a difference, and are currently recruiting for the following role:
Learning Resource Developer
What we do: We work across all sorts of sectors, with startups, SMEs, public sector, third sector and everyone in between. One area we focus on is Data Science skills development, from school level right through to corporate executives.
The role: This is a unique role which will shape the learning of data science in schools, colleges, and workplaces. Our Learning Resource Developer will be creating Data Science lessons to be used both remotely and in class, aligned to Scotland’s novel NPA and PDA qualifications in Data Science. There is opportunity to build on this role as a thought leader in Data Science education. This role is initially for 6 months, with potential for extension.
Who we are looking for: The person we’re looking for is imaginative, communicates clearly and has a passion to improve data literacy. They are most likely a working data scientist, with knowledge of the python language. Their existing experience may have been mostly academic, or they might have existing teaching experience, however they are now keen to put these experiences to use in developing the next generation of data scientists. They enjoy getting to the core concepts of a problem and can invent interesting and understandable examples to explain these concepts.
Where we are based: We’re usually based in the Bayes Centre, Edinburgh’s data innovation hub. We have a flexible approach to location and working pattern: if you prefer to mostly work from home, that’s fine with us. For this project, location is less important than a right to work in the UK.
Come and join us: This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a passion for data literacy and education. Your experience level is less important than your approach to pedagogy.
- Design exciting lessons to communicate core data science concepts to learners of all ages
- Develop lessons and example answers
- Create lesson material such as example datasets, python notebooks, and spreadsheets to support lesson content
The experience and skills we are interested in:
- Excellent working knowledge of python
- An understanding of best-practice pedagogy for computer science
- Familiarisation with data science curricula in schools
- Practical teaching experience
- A positive attitude, with the ability to get things done with minimal oversight
We offer a great environment where people can develop and grow. As a company we’re also still growing so our benefits are improving all the time. At the moment we offer:
- A competitive salary and pension, based on experience and potential
- Flexible work location or use of our office in the Bayes Centre, Edinburgh
- Flexible working hours
- Emergency days
- The chance to join a growing company, offering plenty of opportunities for career development
We are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applications irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, faith and religion, disability and age.
How to apply:
Please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that at this point, we wish to deal directly with candidates and are not looking to hear from recruitment agents.